|Employer||Alan Clayton Associates|
|Job Type||Events Fundraising|
|Location||Edinburgh and the East|
|Specific Location||Home based|
|Salary||Salary and benefits will be negotiated based on experience. Salaries start at: London £50k p.a. Regional 40k p.a|
|Closing Date||31 March 2019|
Post Title: Consultant
Reports to: Head of UK Section
Location: Flexible within the UK
Annual Salary: Salary and benefits will be negotiated based on experience, role and income generating potential. Salaries start at: London £50k p.a. Regional 40k p.a
Alan Clayton Associates (ACA) is an international consultancy specialising in ‘Great Fundraising’ for charities, non-profits and NGOs. Over the last five years we have put the original Great Fundraising research from Professors Sargeant and Shang into action, and tracked over 350 implementing organisations worldwide. Many have seen dramatic increases in their fundraised income.
We have crystallised the factors which an organisation needs to prepare a surge in fundraising growth, and our services are now designed to deliver on these needs.
In broad terms, our services fall into three categories:
- Seminars: for teaching, organisation building and co-creating.
- Creative: to provide internal focus as well as powerful, donor-centred communications.
- Consulting: including strategic and tactical advice and projects and coaching and other support
Currently there is more demand from clients than our current consulting team can deliver, hence we wish to expand our team.
About the role
- To get the globe giving ….
- … by building Great Fundraising Organisations …
- … by building organisations’ focus, energy and expertise.
- To deliver outstanding consultancy services.
- To grow the client base.
- To increase profitability.
- To constantly improve our culture and expertise.
Responsibilities and duties
- To audit clients, then design and deliver consulting solutions to enable them to grow their fundraising.
- Introduce clients to our seminar and creative services.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings.
- Carry out actions assigned to you by the meetings.
- Constantly develop your skills, knowledge and attitude and contribute to team development.
- Liaise with other teams to ensure growth and quality of client service and service development.
- Inspire the culture of excellence throughout the business.
- Win new clients and develop existing clients.
- Assist in the preparation of company annual budgets and targets.
- Abide by financial and quality control procedures.
- Provide weekly forecasts for the Head of UK Section.
- Reconcile monthly reporting of income and expenditure.
- Meet your own, agreed, personal billing budgets and targets.
Client and market facing
- Speak at ACA events.
- Organise and contribute to seminars for clients.
- Organise and project manage co-creation seminars.
- Be the main point of contact for clients where you are named as the lead consultant and project manage the team of consultants delivering for that client.
- Personally deliver consulting and coaching support to clients.
- Assist other team members with any other reasonable requests for the clients, including but not limited to projections, analysis of campaigns etc.
Team and service development
- Continuously develop our intellectual property by learning and improving our knowledge and services.
- Distribute learning to all teams across the business.
- By monthly meetings and annual appraisal with the Head of UK section:
- Personal and team budgets and targets.
- Client satisfaction.
- Case studies of success.
- Generation of repeat business/on-sales.
- Winning new clients.
- Development of team and expertise.
We are seeking candidates …
- … who are idealists, driven by the long-term mission to grow fundraising globally… who understand that if great fundraising works, the world changes for the better … who will stick by their ideals until great things are achieved.
- … who are pragmatic in knowing that Great Fundraising is not quick, easy or cheap.
- ….who understand and can explain that what we do is really important but really difficult.
- … who are driven, focussed and highly resilient.
- who reassure us and clients with a track record of success in an in-house fundraising, agency or consulting role or roles.
- … who inspire us and clients with dreams and drive for the future.
- Candidates must have experience of fundraising success, but can come from any size of organisation. Candidates must have a minimum of five years’ of experience in a paid fundraising role in a charity/non-profit/NGO, consultancy or agency.
- Candidates can come from any fundraising discipline, but must be able to plan across all disciplines.
- Candidates can come from any level in the fundraising management structure, but must demonstrate achievement for which they are responsible and show leadership ability.
- Candidates must be able and willing to speak in seminars.
Terms and Conditions
- All terms are subject to contract.
- We are seeking full time, employed consultants only.
- Salary and benefits will be negotiated based on experience, role and income generating potential. Salaries start at:
- London £50k p.a.
- Regional 40k p.a.
- 25 days + statutory paid holidays.
- These posts are bases at home.
- Frequent travel, including overnight stays will be required.
- Full training and induction programme in Great Fundraising will be provided.
To apply for this post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the role along with your CV/resume (no photos) in English in strict confidence BY EMAIL ONLY to Zoe Oldham [email protected]. Please note in the letter where you learned about the post. Ensure that they are sent as Word documents.
Deadline for applications: Sunday the 31st March 2019, 18.00 GMT