If you want to help improve the health and wellbeing of people in West Lothian we may have just the right opportunity for you.
West Lothian Leisure are a registered Scottish charity. They are at the heart of the community and want everyone in West Lothian to live a healthier, happier and longer life. They are the delivery partner of choice for national agencies and local organisations responsible for improving lives through sport, health, physical activity, outdoor education, and culture.
They employ over 400 FTE, have a turnover of £12.5m and manage 2.4m visits to their venues. Their revenue comes from trading (memberships, admissions, and ticket sales), West Lothian Council, and from other external grant funding agencies.
They care passionately about the services they provide to communities in West Lothian and want to do more. Under the leadership of a new CEO, there is a new vision and ambition for the future. The sky is the limit both in terms of expanding the offer to people who need their support and raising the profile of the ‘social good’ they deliver. But don’t just take our word about the Trust’s commitment to the community, click on the link below to hear from two very satisfied customers who have hugely benefited from the team’s support:
This is a new role within the Trust, a natural strategic progression to attract more income. As a confident strategist and income deliverer, you can make this post your own. The initial contract will be for three years but there is the scope and appetite to extend the contract for an effective Fundraising Manager. To be successful you will need the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
• Relevant knowledge and in the region of 3 years’ +experience.
• Experience of writing and developing funding strategy.
• Good understanding and working knowledge of the Scottish fundraising landscape.
• Demonstrable experience of writing successful funding applications, cases for support and applications to companies including sponsorship asks and COTY applications and presentations.
• Confident communicator with infectious enthusiasm.
• A creative, enthusiastic, driven person who can bring ideas and learning to the team.
• A self-starter who is able to work on their initiative.
• Commitment to the vision and mission of WLL
• Ambitious and entrepreneurial.
• Experience of co-developing robust monitoring and evaluation systems and excellent funder reporting.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• IOF Membership preferred.
• Driving licence and access to a car would be an advantage.
West Lothian Leisure offer a range of benefits including:
• Generous pension scheme of up to 9% company contribution.
• This role is office-based with some flexibility around working hours (general hours are 8:30 am – 5 pm with an hour for lunch and a 3:30 pm finish on a Friday. There will also be some home working by negotiation on a case by case basis).
• 32 annual leave including bank holidays.
• Free gym membership.
• Discounted in-house café.
• A Cycle to Work scheme is being investigated.
• Potential to be put on Social Return on Investment training after certain KPIs delivered.
If you, or anyone that you know, would like to find out more about this role, please email [email protected] as soon as possible for further information prior to making your application.
Closing Date: Noon, Monday 9th March 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 19th March 2020 (Bathgate)
This search is being conducted exclusively for West Lothian Leisure by BTA (Bruce Tait Associates). Our leadership team has all worked in the voluntary sector and we use this experience to match organisations and individuals to create great appointments.