Connecting families. Raising awareness. Building futures.
The Smith-Magenis Syndrome (SMS) Foundation UK is the leading support charity in the UK for children and adults living with Smith-Magenis Syndrome (SMS) and is the authoritative voice for this condition, providing support for families and professionals living and working with SMS across the UK.
Created by families, for families, the Foundation is fuelled by a heart-felt passion to ensure children, adults and their loved-ones with SMS have the support and information they need to live life to the full. The charity’s breadth and depth of lived experience has grown and been enriched through decades of supporting each other. The pooling of knowledge and expertise informs and drives the Foundation’s services and research strategy. This positions the Foundation in an essential global role where, alongside partners from across the world, it supports the growth of the universal understanding of Smith-Magenis Syndrome so that outcomes can be improved for any child or adult in the world living with and affected by SMS.
The formation of the Foundation by families who want to positively change life for other families is an inspiring movement. Such passion, understanding and care are a formidable driving force and have created a strong and vibrant community at the heart of this vital charity. But there is so much more to do and the Foundation is now at the point it is ready to recruit its first staff team to deliver on its mission.
The role of Fundraising Manager is critical to the future of The SMS Foundation and the core responsibilities will be:
- Developing, implementing and leading a new income generation strategy as the solo fundraiser within the charity.
- Working in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer and wider Executive Team to raise the profile and awareness of the Foundation through developing resources and systems to address a range of stakeholders as well as wider audiences.
To be considered for the role of Fundraising Manager at The Smith-Magenis Syndrome (SMS) Foundation UK, you should have the following:
- Experience as a senior fundraiser within a smaller organisation with extensive experience across multiple fundraising streams, with a focus on submitting funding applications with success.
- Confidence and capability as a solo-operator who can self-motivate and manage themselves successfully.
- Demonstrable track record of developing fundraising channels and growing income.
- In-depth knowledge of fundraising principles, methods and procedures.
- Experience developing and growing income streams and building these from ground level.
- Resilient and tenacious as well as being empathetic.
If you believe you have what it takes to help raise the vital funds for such a fantastic charity, get in contact with our recruitment team today for further information.
If this sounds like a perfect role for you then please contact [email protected] as soon as possible for further information prior to making your application.
Closing date: Noon, Wednesday 5th February
Interview dates: Friday, 21st February
This search is being conducted exclusively on behalf of The Smith-Magenis Syndrome (SMS) Foundation UK by BTA. Our leadership team have all worked in the voluntary sector and we use this experience to match organisations and individuals to create great appointments.