Kids Operating Room are a global health charity focused on developing safe surgical services for children in the developing world.
Currently working in 22 countries and committed to developing an ambitious program of growth across Africa in particular, but elsewhere too, they are seeking a Head of Fundraising to join their team, deliver their income generation strategy and help hundreds of thousands of children access the emergency and urgent care they need.
KidsOr founders currently fund all of its work and will continue to fund running costs as well as a wide range of charitable activities. However, as the charity now looks to grow their impact beyond this they are looking for someone who can deliver a broad fundraising strategy that will see more regular donors, more trusts and foundations and more community fundraising contribute to their work.
To be a successful Head of Fundraising for KidsOR you should have the following skills and experience, you will:
- Be an existing senior fundraiser or high performing fundraising manager looking for an opportunity to lead a team
- Have a results-focused mind set and a proven track record of achieving exceptional income results
- Be committed to high standards of donor care, an understanding of the need to build long-term relationships with our donors and a clear understanding of GDPR in fundraising are essential
- Know the Code of Fundraising and the importance of its role in ensuring fundraising is of the highest standard
- Have strong relevant work experience. Fundraising qualifications with the Institute of Fundraising will be an advantage.
- Possess the excellent communication and relationship building skills to be able to work with the senior management team, on the charity’s Major Donor strategy.
- Be computer literate with strong experience of using MS Office and databases.
- Have the ability to monitor, review and evaluate all income generation activities and provide analysis to identify areas of fundraising growth.
If you believe you have what it takes to help raise the vital funds for such a fantastic charity, get in contact with our recruitment team today for further information.
If this sounds like a perfect role for you then please contact [email protected] as soon as possible for further information prior to making your application.
Closing date: Noon, 12th February 2020
Interview date: T.B.C
This search is being conducted exclusively on behalf of KidsOr by BTA. Our leadership team have all worked in the voluntary sector and we use this experience to match organisations and individuals to create great appointments.