BTA are delighted to be working with Salvesen Mindroom Centre in their search for a Head of Fundraising.
The charity is looking for someone who is very experienced across all forms of fundraising but with particular expertise in major donor and individual giving as well as corporate gifts or partnerships. You should have strong leadership experience and skills as you will form part of the Senior Management Team and must be prepared to be operational as well as strategic. While you do not need to have worked for a similar cause, an empathy and passion for the Centre’s work and beneficiary group will be essential. Getting fundraising off the ground will be as challenging as it is rewarding so you will need to have determination and tenacity to lead this function within the organisation. In return, you will have the support of the Chief Executive (who is also the line manager) as well as the Board of Trustees.
SUPPORT -INFORM –EMPOWER
These are the three words that Salvesen Mindroom Centre uses to describe its purpose.
This charity has been working for the past 20 years to raise the profile of people living with learning difficulties and to give them the support they need to lead wonderful and fulfilling lives. Each year, the charity works with hundreds of families across Scotland and that number is on the rise. The charity is acknowledged for its knowledge and expertise, working across the fields of education, social work, justice, health and private organisations. Its goal is to become a world-leading centre which brings practical help, research and education to address the impact of learning difficulties.
Salvesen Mindroom Centre provides one-to-one outreach support for families and young people living with learning difficulties, and strives to increase knowledge and understanding among professionals and policymakers.
It does so locally, nationally and internationally, by:
• Improving lives by working directly on a one-to-one basis with families and, more recently, with young people
• Increasing knowledge and understanding among professionals working with families and young people living with learning difficulties by making available high quality advice
• Empowering families and young people to take back control of their own situation and move forward
• Informing government policy including by participating in cross-party groups
• Working with the General Teaching Council for Scotland to give guidance to tens of thousands of registered teachers
• Partnership with the Salvesen Mindroom Research Centre at the University of Edinburgh, which leads world class research
Over the past 5 years, the charity has grown thanks to a generous donation from Alastair and Elizabeth Salvesen. The Board of Trustees has decided to invest in a fundraising team to diversify income streams and ensure the charity achieves its full potential. The team will be led by a Head of Fundraising who will be the first appointment, giving the successful candidate the opportunity to appoint their own staff. The income target has been set at £300,000 per annum so is highly achievable.
This search is being conducted exclusively on behalf of Salvesen Mindroom Centre by BTA.If you, or anyone that you know, would like to find out more about this role, please email [email protected] as soon as possible for further information prior to making your application.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 17th November 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 3rd December 2019