BTA (Bruce Tait Associates) are delighted to be working with Four Square in their search for a Head of Services.
Is homelessness an issue that you feel passionate about? Would you love to play your part in helping people out of homelessness, supporting them to carve a new life for themselves and ambition to make it happen? Then the Head of Services role with Four Square may be right up your street!
For 40 years, homelessness charity Four Square has worked tirelessly to ensure that Everyone has the opportunity to have a home and a place in their community.
Known for its innovation in homeless accommodation and incredibly successful social enterprises, Four Square offers a range of services across four main themes: accommodation, advocacy and advice, training and employment, enterprise and sustainability.
Under the leadership of a new dedicated CEO, there is a new strategy, vision and ambition for the future. The sky is the limit both in terms of expanding the offer to people who need support and in taking the social enterprise models beyond Edinburgh.
Key to the success is a recent re-structure of the charity, which has created a new leadership team and some new supporting roles.
If you are driven, dynamic and want to be part of a charity that has a strong reputation and is really going places, then this could be the organisation for you.
Head of Services
There is an outstanding opportunity for the right person to help shape services that are dynamic, caring and supportive and help people move out of homelessness into their own home with a place in the community where they can create their own social capital.
To thrive in this role you will have the following traits, values, skills and experience:
• Have values which complement Four Square’s values as an organisation and the candidate must demonstrate that s/he live them every day
• Enjoy and be good at managing people: motivating, encouraging and having the difficult conversations
• Be suitably qualified - Have the right qualifications: educated to degree level in Social Work, Social Care or Health or with equivalent relevant professional and/or managerial qualification (SVQ level 4/5 ideally with RMA (Registered Managers Award))
• Value attention to detail so that Four Square know that your procedures, processes and reporting are accurate, make sense and anyone can access them
• Someone who is energetic and enthusiastic and can gel with the current team
• Be able to set yourself and your team clear objectives and be clear about how you will meet them
• Always looking at new ways to innovate services and procedures
If this sounds like a perfect role for you then please contact [email protected] as soon as possible for further information prior to making your application.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 2nd September
nterview date: Friday 13th September
This search is being conducted exclusively on behalf of Braid House by BTA. Our leadership team have all worked in the voluntary sector and we use this experience to match organisations and individuals to create great appointments.