BTA (Bruce Tait Associates) are delighted to be working with St Columba's Hospice in their search for a Corporate Development Manager.
If you have a passion for supporting people who need specialist palliative care in the Hospice’s community, whoever and whenever they need it – than we have a brand new role that could be a perfect fit for you! You do not need to come from a Third Sector background so this could be an ideal opportunity to use your transferable skills to move into a role that will provide outstanding opportunities to help make a difference to people’s quality of life.
The Hospice aims to provide a high standard of specialist palliative care to patients with advanced progressive disease for whom there is no cure. Through a multidisciplinary approach the focus of care is based on meeting the physical, psychological, spiritual and social needs of the patient, and those important to them. The Hospice aims to provide the best quality of life for each individual patient as well as supporting their family / friends and carers.
The Hospice service consists of:
- 30 in-patient beds over 2 wards
- Day Therapies service – up to 15 clients daily
- Community Palliative Care Team working with approx. 500 clients in the community
The voluntary income Fundraising target in 2019/20 is £1,832,000 excluding legacies. The Department must maximise voluntary income streams through development, promotion and management of fundraising initiatives.
Supplemented with approximately 22% funding from NHS Lothian, this voluntary income enables the Hospice to provide its specialist palliative care services to the patients and their families free of charge at point of need.
This is where you come in:
Overarching objective of the Corporate Development Manager post: To research, approach and secure new corporate partners, manage existing relationships and partnerships, work closely with the Events Fundraising Manager to secure sponsorship and recruit participants for events, make best use of networking opportunities and support the Hospice’s corporate volunteering programme to achieve the corporate income target as part of the overall fundraising income strategy.
You will therefore have a solid grounding in the following skills and aptitudes:
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience
- Experience of using software packages including Microsoft Office.
- Experience using a contact management (or similar) database
- Excellent persuasive, influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to solve problems and deal with queries which require a proactive and tenacious manner
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to deal with people at all levels
In return St Columba’s Hospice provide a range of benefits including:
- 35 days holiday including public holidays rising to 37 after 5 years’ service
- Generous pension arrangements dependent on your age
What must be one of the unique benefits in this role is the opportunity to connect with the beneficiaries, their families and volunteers on a daily basis, providing a real purpose in getting up in the morning and going to work.
This search is being conducted exclusively on behalf of St Columba’s Hospice by BTA. If this sounds like a perfect role for you then please contact [email protected] as soon as possible for further information prior to making your application.
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 20th October 2019
Interview date: Monday 30th October 2019